We are swimming in a sea of data all around us, but it seems complicated to tap into that resource to improve outcomes. You are not alone if you don’t know where to begin or are puzzled about how to get the most out of your enrollment data. Most higher education administrators and marketers have no training in data analysis.
What Can Your Enrollment Data Do?
● Increase your applicant pool
● Improve your enrollment yield
● Solve one of the biggest challenges for college marketers: who are my targets?
● Motivate staff toward a concrete goal
● Encourage and smooth cross-departmental collaboration
● Track your progress and the success of your efforts
● Yield insights about easily fixable problems in your organization
● Provoke new ideas that will help your institution grow
● Help you retain students
● Better define different prospective student pools
● Justify your budget requests to the administration
Although we have seen enrollment nationally stabilize slightly in the fall of 2022 after pandemic swings, contracting enrollment will continue to be a problem for the next few years. Many smaller colleges are still struggling to keep their applications up, and using the old methods to find students is no longer effective. Legacy marketing included lots of direct mail with broad targets, which is expensive and increasingly less effective. Our student survey found that over 70% of students do not respond to physical mail sent to their homes.
Download our 2023 Higher Ed Enrollment Data WP to learn more ways on how to improve your enrollment.